Friday, October 29, 2010

We've got a runner!

Rex has decided that he really likes to run away from me. The last few weeks, when I take him out of the car, he takes off and starts running down the street. He probably thinks it's funny to watch me run, because watching pregnant ladies run is funny. Fortunately, he's smart enough to not run out into the street. (Of course, now that I said that, that's what he'll do next time.) The other day, after I dropped Abby off at school, I walked in our back gate. Rex stopped at the gate, closed it, waved and said, "Bye-Bye" with a big, wicked grin and took off running. That little stinker! I was able to catch up to him before he reached the sidewalk, though, because I am an awesome and very fast runner. (I did a 5k once!) I could probably beat my 1 year old son in a race any time of day.

Oh, and today, when I picked up a few groceries from the store, I made the mistake of not securing him in the basket. I had him carry some of the groceries, but after he gave them to the checker, he bolted and took off for the front door! I had to run and catch him while the lady was scanning my items. He even tasted fresh air that time. He almost made his escape. He should know better than to race me...

No comments:

Post a Comment