Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cinderella


I dust off the old sewing machine about once a year around Halloween. I prefer to make my kids' costumes because I hate the majority of costumes they sell at the stores. They're always cheap and they fall apart and I think they look pretty crappy too. Last year, I was a little ambitious with lederhosens. Not really smart for your first project. This year, Abby wanted to be Cinderella. I'll tell you one thing, I wasn't about to go out and buy one of those cheap princess dresses, so I decided to make it myself. I found the actual Disney pattern to get the actual princess dress and you can see the result above. I made everything on that costume except for the gloves. (I made 3 attempts, but each one failed) I'm really proud of this dress and I think it will be one we keep forever. I'll probably give to Abby when she has her own kids.
Here is my princess and my frog. I found the frog costume at a store, because by the time I was done with Abby's dress, I had no more patience left to make a costume for Rex. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the costume and it's also pretty dang cute. I just wish I would have had more time and energy to make cool costumes for Craig and I. Ah, well, there's always next year.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing job, Robyn! Abby is growing up way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, I didn't know you made that dress! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way impressed that you made that dress! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete