Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How old were you?

Do you remember how old you were when you realized that your parents didn't know everything? I think, for me, it was when I had kids. I think I asked my mom a kid-related question and she didn't know. I was flabbergasted. After 6 kids you don't know?? Then I realized that most moms don't know anything, they just do the best they can.

When I was growing up, I had these idealistic views of adults that I knew and I thought they could do no wrong. As I grew up and returned to my hometown and saw these same people as adults, I realized that they were not, in fact, perfect and had their own flaws. It was an eye-opening experience, and one for the better for me. I realized that I didn't have to be perfect. Whew. And now I find it easier to accept people that don't see things the way I do.

I guess you never stop growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment