Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jack-o-Lantern


One tradition we have in our family is to carve Jack-o-Lanterns on the Monday before Halloween. Usually we invite friends and family over and have a contest where the winner gets a creepy Halloween cake. It came up so fast this year that we didn't do that. Instead we just carved our pumpkins as a family. Rex and Craig did one and Abby and I did one. I think ours turned out pretty good. Abby drew the face and I carved. Rex helped clean out the seeds and I think he liked that. Above is the result of all our hard labor.



Rex was pretty excited to be allowed on the table for this. It was some good family fun. Also, I never realized how awesome those little pumpkin carving tools are. All these years I've been too cheap to buy them because I thought, we already have knives and spoons to do it, why do we need those? Um yeah. I pretty much carved my pumpkin in about 5 minutes. I'm sure if I had been using my old archaic tools it would have been more like 5 hours. Amazing stuff we have these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment