Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pro/Con

What's it like to be married to a registered dietitian who also happens to be getting his masters in exercise physiology? I've heard people ask me before if I feel super stressed about making dinner or if I'm really careful about what I eat around him. You would think that our house would be filled with only fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, right?? Well, that's mostly true, just because I cannot have any kind of junk food in the house, especially while I'm pregnant, or I'd eat it all in one sitting. I'm also too lazy to make a trip to the store if I have a craving. But that's besides the point.

The fact of the matter is that Craig eats just like any other person. He gets excited to eat fatty concoctions. In fact, I think his new favorite place to eat is Ramsey Burgers in Banning. And the kitchens he supervises pretty much will make him anything he wants at any time. Anyway, there are pros and cons to this situation.

Pros:
Lots of super healthy recipes
Live-in dietary counseling
Live-in personal trainer

Cons:
Lots of super healthy recipes
Live-in dietary counseling
Live-in personal trainer

Huh. Well, that's interesting. Don't get me wrong. I love the 24 hour access to all these services and more. The good/bad about it is that when I don't feel like working out (which is pretty much every day since I've been pregnant) Craig will push me or convince me to anyway. I'm always glad after I do, because I feel so much better and it helps me control my weight gain a little better. I suppose I have a love/hate situation with the whole thing, but I wouldn't have it any other way. It makes me take care of myself so I can take care of my kids. Not to mention that they'll eat just about anything. Did I mention that Rex loves eggplant and asparagus and Abby loves salad and carrots? I think that would only happen in this house. :)

1 comment:

  1. Interesting that your kids will eat those things, considering your tastes as a child(plain spaghetti, no sauce please)!!

    ReplyDelete