Saturday, November 27, 2010

Doing grown-up things

In honor of black friday, Craig and I went shopping. Not at 5 in the morning, more like 5 at night. We've been wanting to get a van for a while and have been debating when the right time to get it would be. We've been saving for a down payment on a house and wanted to get that first, but after trying to squeeze 3 carseats in the back of our 97 Corolla, we decided it was time. And I am soooooooo glad we did. We started looking in Hemet (trying to spend our dollars in town, like a good citizen) but had no luck. They either had brand spankin' new ones and one really overpriced one. We had done a ton of research that morning and had found a 2009 Toyota Sienna down in Carlsbad, so we decided to take a trip down there and look at it. Let me tell you, it is AWESOME!! We were amazed at how smooth and quiet it was. I guess anything is after you drive a 13 year old car with bad shocks that only runs on 3 cylinders. We are in love with all the extra room and with the fact that the car runs like it should. I must say, I feel a little weird actually having a nice car. Most nice things I have are either destroyed or lost within a year. Lets hope that is not the case here. Anyhow, I'm really excited about the deal we got, because we only financed about 60% of the purchase price and at 2.9% at that!! The dealer had even knocked off $5000 off the purchase price. I feel pretty good about this investment. I think car shopping is my kind of black Friday shopping. And I didn't even have to get up at a ridiculous hour.

2 comments:

  1. Well hello!!! Where are the pictures??? Hooray for cars that run like they should! Just got ours fixed and it runs like new again!! And hooray for cars that fit everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rule #1: Don't let anyone eat in the car. Sure, they'll still sneak snacks behind your back, but overall, it will stay clean and pretty.

    ReplyDelete