Friday, November 5, 2010

What pie are you eating?

I should learn to trust my blog polls more. They are always right. And now it is time for me to eat my humble pie. I had my ultrasound and we are very much having a boy. No mistakes about it. I was so sure that I was having a girl, too. What's really embarrassing, is that I was talking to some people and saying I thought it was a girl and they were all saying: "You're probably right. I knew with all of mine. A mother just knows." Ha! I haven't known with any of mine. Well, I suspected Rex was a boy, just because I was sicker (more on that later) but I though Abby was a boy. I guess I am just not gifted with that kind of knowledge.

Craig and I have come up with a theory about sickness and pregnancy. We think, at least in my case, that how sick you are during your pregnancy is directly related to how strong and in shape you are. Here has been my experience. 1st pregnancy: mildly sick, threw up a couple times, mostly during the 1st trimester. I had been biking and running a lot, but not eating the best. 2nd pregnancy: More sick. One day of throwing up all day long. This lasted mostly during the 1st trimester. I started this pregnancy about 5 lbs heavier than with Abby. I had just done a triathlon, but had not done any strength training. 3rd pregnancy: Hardly sick at all. Was being trained by Craig, both strength training and running. Started the pregnancy 10 lb less than when I got pregnant with Abby. Other then being tired, I've felt pretty good and have continued to work out during the pregnancy.

Now I'm sure this isn't true for everybody, but for me, how in shape I am and how strong I am seems to be directly related to how my pregnancy's go.

Craig is really excited to have a boy. He is excited to build up our family football team. During the ultrasound, he insisted that this baby was really muscular and that he was going to be born with a six pack. I'm not so sure about that.

Now, I turn the time over to you for the "I told you so's." :)

3 comments:

  1. Don't get too high on your hopes for your son. Our son will totally dominate him. I guess 2nd best isn't too bad though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I could always tell that I was pregnant long before the tests confirmed it, but I could never guess the sex of the baby. One theory was that girls make you more sick, but I was horribly sick with all of them for the first five months.

    You may be onto something with your theory that being healthy makes the pregnancy easier. It never helped me during pregnancy, but my easiest delivery was my last, when I had been doing yoga beforehand. I'm sure it helps with recovery, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't say I told you so because I also thought it was going to be a girl. I don't have my mother's intuition about those things!

    ReplyDelete