Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Resolutions

Well, the new year is here. It's that time to revisit old goals, blah, blah, blah. My trick with resolutions is to only make one a year that I can actually stick to. Last year, it was to do my visiting teaching and I must say, I failed miserably. I started out good, but then I just slacked off. I was thinking about doing it again this year, until I could actually do it for the whole year, but then realized that probably won't happen. Since I'm expecting baby #3 in March, I figure there will be at least one month I don't do it, so I'm going to make my resolution one that is attainable. So here it is...........(drum roll please!)


No More White Trash Yard!!!!!!!!!!

I know what you're thinking. You live in a mobile home. That's impossible. But I beg to differ. About a month ago I was trimming trees and blowing some leafs off the rocks and one of our neighbors gave me the thumbs up. I then realized that we are the house on the street that the neighbors are embarrassed of.

We have a so-called easy care yard. Let me tell you something. They are liars. Every time it rains, those stinking weeds start growing up through the rocks with a vengeance. It's not like I can just mow them up like I would on a normal lawn. I have to either pull them up individually or blast them with weed killer, which is hard to do when you have a 3 year old and 1 year old following you around.

So my goal is to take one section of yard to work on each Saturday. If I can do this, maybe by spring it will look good and I can plant some bushes or something where the weeds usually get the worst. We'll see how that goes.

So Happy New Year to you all and may all your resolutions be attainable!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your resolution! Weeding is therapeutic. Romney got in big trouble a few years back, and we made him weed our back yard every day all summer long. He now says it was a great punishment. Hm. Is that an encouraging story?

    ReplyDelete