Wednesday, March 24, 2010

There are still good people out there

Recently, I've become a little overwhelmed by all the bad things out there. A lot of it has to do with the rise of crime in our area and having young kids. I had some experiences yesterday that reminded me that there still are a lot of good people out there.

This is also a little plug for southwest airlines. On Monday, I decided to buy a plane ticket to fly up to Utah for my brother's wedding. I was originally going to drive, but our cars are in such bad shape, we weren't sure we would make the trip without breaking down. I definately did not want to get stranded in the desert by myself with 2 kids. So on Monday I start looking online to see if I can get a last minute deal for a flight. I find a deal on Delta, but just as I get ready to pay, suddenly, the tickets are $700 a piece. LAME. So I went on southwest and got a pretty good deal. So anyways, we get packed and leave the next day. I park in long term parking at the airport and a super-nice shuttle driver pulls up right next to my car and loads up my 2 carseats and luggage for me. When Abby becomes scared of the shuttle he tries to comfort her. It was sweet. He drops me off right in front of Southwest and unloads everything for me, so I only have to carry everything a short distance. I get ushered to the check-in desk right away. I love southwest, because they don't charge you to check your luggage. Well, my suitcase was over the weight limit, so the person behind the counter found a box that I could put some of my stuff in, so I wouldn't be charged more. That is awesome!! Even going through security every one was super nice. After Abby went through the metal detector the guy gave her a high five. I had to go to the bathroom and wasn't sure how that was going to work out. A nice lady offered to hold Rex for me so I could wash my hands. We boarded the plane right away, because it had come in early. The flight attendants were really nice and because the plane was half empty, we got a whole row to ourselves. Abby was terrified of the takeoff and landing, but got over it eventually. Both she and Rex fell asleep. Overall, the experience was much better than I had anticipated. I expected it to be horrible and the kids to cry the whole time, but they were great. It restored my faith in people to see so many people willing to help me with my 2 kids, although, I think I will think twice about traveling with my kids by myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment