Saturday, January 16, 2010

Life Saver

So, a long time ago, I posted on Facebook about how Craig saved a life. Here's the story:

Craig teaches a class a couple times a week. During one of his classes, one of his patients started choking on some pieces of candy cane she was eating. She stood up and was choking. Craig asked her if she was choking and she nodded her head "yes." Then he slapped her on the back and it didn't do anything, so he gave her the Heimlich Maneuver and those candy canes shot right out of her mouth. After this the whole class applauded Craig. I never thought I would hear so many cool stories from Craig when he comes home from work. A dietitian's work is never done...

3 comments:

  1. Craig has never even offered to give me the Heimlich and he's my home teacher. Sure, I've never choked in front of him, but still, I would like the offer. Furthermore, I have never choked such that I have needed the Heimlich, but I feel that if Craig would have gone through with the HT suggestion of singing our family a hymn, then I would have indeed choked and needed the Heimlich and then he could have given it to me and I would have felt much less slighted than I am feeling right now.

    PS I had a dream about your hair. It was still just as long, but with layers that started at your chin. You outta post a picture so I can dream about the real cut. Or maybe you should ban me from your blog so I stop dreaming about the things you write. Okay, off to bed for me to dream about the Heimlich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW AWESOME! You go Craig!!!!

    PS: It's OK Robyn don't be weirded out by Tara - she has dreams about all of us, LOL. And your hair looks so sexy!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cool! Not that the lady choked, but..you know.

    ReplyDelete