Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Doing the Bunny Hop!

So I got my Valley Wide mailer the other day and what is on the cover?? The Bunny Hop is back! My family used to participate in this 5k as well as the turkey trot in November and I have fond memories of it. My favorite was the time when Cam cut corners on the course and my mom turned him in and got him disqualified. Any thoughts on this mom? I assume it was a lesson in honesty?

Anyhow, every year we did it, I was sure that I would win for my age group and get one of those cool gift baskets as a prize, but for some reason, I never won. Maybe it was the lack of training, maybe by mile 3 I didn't care any more, I don't know, but I looked forward to it every time.

Now as an adult, I know I probably won't win, because lets face it, I had a baby 7 months ago who doesn't like for me to sleep and I haven't exercised since I've had him. Plus the fact that I'm a slow runner. What I'm really excited about is that they have a tot hop for little kids. Abby will be participating in this and she better win! (We have kids so we can live vicariously through them, right?) So we are going to have a fun family day on March 20, racing our little hearts out. Anyone want to come with us?

4 comments:

  1. I don't know that I want to come, but I will for sure dream about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wont be there but because it's *MY* birthday one of you better win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Cam cutting the corners. What a cheater! :) I didn't know Mom turned him in though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahaha sounds like a good time! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete