Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The rumors are all true!

Well, maybe not ALL of them. But the one about me being pregnant sure is! I finally went to see the doctor today and I am 9 1/2 weeks along with a due date of March 26. I'm glad I finally know now, because since I found out, I've been insisting to Craig that it must be twins or I'm really far along because my belly popped out almost instantly. Craig's theory is that since I've lost weight, it just shows more. (I'm happy to say that at my 1st weigh-in, I actually weighed about 10 lbs less than my 1st weigh-in with Abby! I'm pretty happy about that!) But, I digress...

This one has been interesting from the start. I was still nursing Rex until about a month ago and I had never gotten my period back. The only reason I knew was that one day I was playing with Rex and Abby on the floor and fell asleep for about an hour, WHILE they were climbing all over me. If that's not a sure sign of being pregnant, I don't know what is. So I took the test and it was very much positive. Since I have Kaiser, it took about a million years to get my first appointment, and finally I have all the stats.

The cool part is that Kaiser always does an ultrasound for the 1st appointment. With Rex, I was only 7 weeks along, so I couldn't really see anything except a blob on the screen, but this time, I actually saw the baby's little legs and feet kicking. I think I instantly fell in love with the little bean. :) The heartbeat was nice and strong. It looks like, so far, we've got a nice and healthy baby. It must be a strong baby, to have survived the battle I had with food poisoning a while back.

I haven't felt too sick this time around. Just tired and a little queasy. And now, my story is told.

3 comments:

  1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I am SO excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! DOUBLE TIME!!! What awesome news!!! Dang, baby boom in the Valle Vista ward! LOL! You, Melina, me, Lynn, Josie - holy cow our sacrament meetings are about to get a whole lot louder, LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm happy for you. I've always known when I was pregnant long before any tests told me I was. With my 2nd, I knew I was pregnant, took the otc test, it came back negative. Took a 2nd test, still negative. A 3rd -- still negative. Finally went to see the doctor, and yep, there he was. Rom wouldn't let me buy those ept's anymore for the rest of my pregnancies. I was never wrong, though!

    Glad you're not too sick. And how fun to share the baby boom with so many fun friends.

    ReplyDelete