Saturday, August 21, 2010

Earthquakes

This morning I had a new and exciting experience. It was the first time I felt an earthquake while I was peeing! My normal protocol for earthquakes is panicking and pushing down my kids as I head for a doorway. This morning, however, I had to change that. I had to stop mid-pee (which is quite a feat in itself) and I started to head for a doorway, but this one was just a quick jerk and then it was over, so I didn't have time to get to the doorway.

Back in the 90s, after the Northridge/Landers quake, I was terrified of being on the toilet or in the shower during an earthquake. In the aftermath of those quakes, I would take showers at lightning speed and go to the bathroom as fast as I could. Now, after having experienced it, I guess it's not the worst thing that could happen, right?

1 comment:

  1. I was in the shower when the Landers one hit. I wasn't sure what to do, but it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete