Friday, March 27, 2009

The pink slip

I got the ax today. :( I never thought I would become a victim of layoffs, because at the last quarterly meeting they said the company was still profitable and doing well. They told me they were "restructuring" the sites I work at and that my job has been eliminated, today being my last day. At least they were nice enough to give me a severance package. But still, I think it's kinda harsh to lay off someone who is two months away from having a baby, whose husband is working for free. Plus, who's going to hire someone that's pregnant? I guess it's off to the unemployment office for me. On the plus side, I get to spend more time with my daughter now and get to enjoy spring break with Craig next week. (Plus, I wasn't planning on coming back to work after my maternity leave anyway) I guess it all works out in the end, just not the way I expected.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Remember when you asked me if I wanted that job after you left? Glad I didn't! I think it works out better for you because you get to spend more time with Abby (duh) but you got a severence package PLUS you get unemployment for up to a year! Win win if you ask me!! I'll be down next month for sure and in May, June and August. Up for swimming?? Wait, when are you due again? Maybe I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you still working for the billing company?? That stinks, but like Katie said, I think it is a win win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suckiness. No one is safe in this economy. I'm sorry Robin. Want me to slash their tires?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa Danya! Remind me to stay on your good side. :o)

    ReplyDelete