Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Decisions, Decisions...

or




Right now I am 33 weeks pregnant, which has got me thinking a lot about how I am going to deliver. My doctor has been talking about inducing me early, on account of my last very fast labor, but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I was induced with Abby and I think she could have been cooked a little longer, given how small she was when she was born, which makes me anti-induction. Then I think of my experience with Rex...do I really want that again?? I don't want to be soiling our awesome new van. But I'm also strep-positive this pregnancy, which means that they want to run IV antibiotics during labor. If I'm not induced, the worst that will happen is that they'll keep us in the hospital longer to make sure the new baby isn't sick. So I'm kinda torn between the two. While I would love to have a fast labor again, I would not love to have the baby in the car again, especially because it takes a million years to get a birth certificate and social security card that way. But with being induced, I can plan for everything in advance, like who's going to watch my kids, etc. What do you guys think?


7 comments:

  1. Personally, I think that you should be induced. I was induced with Zek and I loved knowing when I was going to the hospital to be induced so my house was clean, laundry was done and the fridge was stocked with food :) Since you had a crazy fast labor with Rex it might be less stressful to have a scheduled induction and you don't have to worry about having this little guy in your car, lol. 33 weeks, wow! It has gone by so fast! Good luck with everything :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you weren't strep positive, I'd say try homebirthing with a midwife. My sister-in-law does it. Has a special kiddie pool for it and everything. I think it's crazy, but she loves it. Otherwise, I'd probably go with the induction. Love your pictures of your options, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a "planner" so I like the idea of having a set date for something so big. Like Britt said, you can be way more prepared. Also with the risks associated with pregnancy I would choose to air on the side of caution.

    But ultimately this is 100% YOUR decision. There's no right or wrong choice. Just your choice :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say "with the risks associated with *this* pregnancy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should keep the tradition alive of giving birth in cars. Later you can show him the stains and how that marks his coming into the world. Sounds like a fun tradition to start in our family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's your decision, but let me know soon what it is and I can schedule my flight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can have the baby born in car tradition all to yourself...I do not want to experience that. You could just make it a tradition for the boys in your family. :)

    ReplyDelete