Saturday, June 5, 2010

Take that, 5k!!

This morning was the Idyllwild 5k. I really like this race, because it is really laid back and it's close. This year I got to run with both Katie and Taylor, which I was super-excited about. This year was the best I've done yet with a time of 31 minutes and some seconds (I don't remember how many). I shaved off 6 minutes from the last 5k I ran and I have to grudgingly admit that it was largely in part due to Craig's grueling workouts. In the past, the hills were always what killed me, but this time, they didn't seem so bad. I guess when you compare that to jumping on huge boxes or jumping over hurdles, the hills are a breeze! It also helped that I loaded my ipod with new songs, so I was smiling and just enjoying the run. What a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome. Tad and I are doing the Red Rock Relay in September. Maybe Craig can help us train. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I was going to do it but I had something else come up that I couldn't miss. Let me know if you guys do another one close by, I would love to do it with you!

    ReplyDelete