Saturday, February 7, 2009

More vomit stories...

Since Thursday, Abby has been throwing up like crazy. It's so sad. She can't even keep down water or pedialyte, so she dry-heaves and throws up stomach acid. So yesterday we called her doctor because she was getting super dehydrated and they said they couldn't see her and we should go to Urgent Care after 5. So we head over to Urgent Care right at 5 and they tell us that because when she cries, she doesn't have tears, that we need to go over to the ER because they can't start an IV there or do anything to help her. So we're dreading the trip to the ER. I hate going to the ER for someting like this because for my work I see sooooooooo many people use the ER as their doctors office and make everyone wait forever because it's not really an emergency. But I guess we don't have a choice. This girl needed some fluids. So we head to the ER and after 3 long hours and going through 3 vomit bowls full of stomach acid, we finally go back and get to wait another couple of hours for her to be treated. They ended up just giving her some anti-vomit medicine and then some apple juice. Fortunately, they didn't have to start an IV. So, she hasn't thrown up since and we are all tired and smell like throw up. Now I get to do five thousands loads of vomit laundry. Yay! Maybe I'll just take a nap...

3 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! THAT'S HORRIBLE! I'm so sorry for you guys. Yes! Go take a nap, the laundry can wait. Good luck. Barf is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Suck! Did you guys go to the Hemet ER? I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the Hemet ER. If I get shot in the HEAD I would rather the ambulance risk the tript o Menifee or Pass Hospital rather then go to the Hemet ER. I HATE them so much...

    ReplyDelete