Monday, November 7, 2011

Pumpkins


I've been wanting to try this pumpkin soup I saw in a book Craig brought home years ago. I never got around to buying an extra pumpkin at Halloween. This year, I decided I wanted to try it. The cool thing about it is you fill up the pumpkin and cook the whole thing in the oven. It seemed really fancy. So I filled this pumpkin up with a ridiculous amount of cream, Gruyere cheese, and toasted french bread slices with some thyme and cooked the whole thing for 2 hours. Then I scraped the wall of the pumpkin and mixed it with the rest of the filling. It wasn't too bad either. (probably because I love Gruyere cheese) You couldn't even really taste the pumpkin though, which for me, was a good thing. I'm not a huge pumpkin fan.

Above was the end result. Yummy and cheesy. I think I even ate 2 bowls of it. I'd like to find other ways to use pumpkin other then pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread. I made a pumpkin pie with Abby's pumpkin patch pumpkin from school and it was ok. I don't know if it was good because I don't really like pumpkin pie. I want to grown my own pumpkins nest year for Halloween and I need some good pumpkin recipes so I can cook whatever we don't carve. Any one have any favorite recipes?

2 comments:

  1. I have a good pumpkin pie and a good pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe! I love pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, you you should go to ourbestbites.com cuz they have a recipe for pumpkin cheesecake that looked good :) they might have other pumpkin stuff too

    ReplyDelete